Mem/Kad V.P. - Ashley Sacks
Ashley Sacks here ready to tell you a little bit about me, but first, I could not be more EXCITED to be your 2012-2013 Membership/Kadima Vice President! I began my USY career as a very small Kadimanik in 4th grade and fell deeply in love with USY as a tall (just kidding) 9th grader attending my very first LEAD – the weekend that changed my life.
For the past two years, I was my chapter’s Sr. USY Mem/Kad VP (shout out to Temple Aliyah!), dreaming of the day I would be in this position, writing a bio on this prestigious website. My passion for both Kadima and USY made me fall in love with the job of a Mem/Kad and I look forward to doing everything I can to make this year the BEST YEAR EVER!
I was born on Monday, July 15, 1996 to two of the most amazing people to walk this planet (my parents… in case you didn’t catch that). At the time, I only had one brother: Michael. Slowly but surely our family grew and about 8 years later, I found myself as one of FIVE kids – Michael: your very esteemed Far West President, me: your Far West Mem/Kad Vice President, Brittany: Temple Aliyah’s Jr. USY President, Spencer: Temple Aliyah’s Kadima Vice President, and Dylan: too young for Kadima, but an up and coming superstar!
I spend much of my time at Harvard-Westlake where I am a member of the Class of 2014. Since 7th grade, I have been elected to my school’s Student Government and Honor Board, and I could not feel more privileged to hold these positions. That being said, school is great, but USY is definitely my home away from home!
And now… time for the fun stuff! Here are 10 absolutely random facts about me. Enjoy!
- I am IN LOVE with Toy Story (#3 is the best), and I can talk about it for hours!
- My favorite color changes practically every day – I’m thinking today can be purple.
- I am terrified of dogs.
- Sometimes, I sing and dance to myself… scratch that, a lot of the time I do that.
- I spent the last 7 summers (except 2011) at Camp Ramah in the Berkshires (NY).
- In 2011 – I went on Classic USY on Wheels and had the time of my life!
- Shout out to Bus A 2011!
- I broke 3 bones at the same time – ask me about it! It’s a funny story.
- I just became a lifeguard at Lake Ellis.
- Being loud and crazy is my specialty!
- I love meeting new people and making new friends! So, if you haven’t met me, PLEASE come talk to me! :)
I hope you are as excited as I am!!! Get PUMPED because this year is going to ROCK!!!